Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Outgoing Email Addresses - Multi Company / Branding Issues

By
Roland
on 4/5/16, 3:15 AM 536 views

We are trying to set up Odoo 9 in a way that allows different email domains to be shown to a customer when they receive an Odoo email - depending upon which department sent it.

If the multi-company setup worked as you would expect - with a domain alias per company, I doubt I would need to make this post.

We have a Magento multi-store setup. It works very well but now we want to manage those customer relationships in Odoo. It looks like we can connect Magento to Odoo fine. The problem is that we are being forced to use the same email domain for everyone - which will confuse the customers and potentially damage the relationship with them.

I am trying to find a way to ensure the right 'from' email address is used when emails are sent. odooalias@example.com won't work for us. as we are using domain1.com, domain2.com etc.

These look like possible options but I have found problems with each:

• Email templates - these work for the from address, but I can't find any way of setting default templates (eg. for notifications).

• Sending emails with the 'from' address as the user's real address (not the Odoo alias). This would work well for us but I can't find a way to set this email as the from address in 'notifications'.

• Outgoing SMTP server per user. This would probably also work but it's a module only available for Odoo 8.

In addition to these issues, we've found that changes to the from/reply-to email on the notification template have no affect. We've also found that making template changes in the templates interface breaks the conditional formatting - so we now have to make all changes directly in the database using PGAdmin.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/5/16, 3:15 AM
Seen: 536 times
Last updated: 4/19/16, 7:55 AM