Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

orders to kitchen printer

Daniel Holden
on 11/26/15, 10:10 AM 690 views

I have Odoo 8 running on a Windows server and two POS client machines running Ubuntu.

I have the following modules installed:

I would like to have certain items get sent to the kitchen printer.

In the kitchen I have an Epson TM-T88IV on the network at and it is installed on the Windows server.

I have added a printer under "Order Printers" pointed at the IP address of the server, and configured the POS categories that I want sent to that printer. However, when I create an order for the products in those categories, nothing gets sent to the printer. I have also tried pointing the Order printer setting to the IP address of the printer itself but also got nothing.

I have searched for clear instructions on setting up order printers but found nothing.

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 6 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 11/26/15, 1:41 PM

You could try this modules:

The first is an app for Google Chrome/Chromium that comunicate wih the module on the second link to fetch print data and handle the printer locally

Hello Axel, my installation is all local. Our Internet here in Angola is not good enough to host Odoo in the cloud.

Daniel Holden
on 11/26/15, 3:23 PM

The modules says for the cloud but it will work wherever you have your odoo server installed

Axel Mendoza
on 11/26/15, 3:25 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 11/26/15, 10:10 AM
Seen: 690 times
Last updated: 11/26/15, 1:41 PM