This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

Following the sequence Purchase > Purchase Orders > Create, the Order Date field keeps defaulting to "03/06/2016 16:46:53".  Is this date and time significant?  I am expecting this field to default to the current server date and time.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

km

Discard
Hi John,

Apparently I don’t have enough points to respond to you via the forum.  :(

So, I logged in to Odoo today after reading your response and discovered it is picking another default date and time.  Apparently, it picks up the time I started my Odoo stack.  I am running on a Bitnami Odoo 9 stack on Mac OS X.  How are you running yours?

I tried your suggestion but I didn’t have any defaults for Order Date in Settings > Technical > Actions > User Defined Defaults.  I created a new default and then removed it but subsequent Purchase Orders created defaulted back to my server start-up time instead.  The workaround is deleting the order date and then clicking on the field again which will populate it with the current date and time.

I’m going to raised this in the Bitnami forum as well to see if they have any ideas.

I hope this reaches you and if I have any other information, I would definitely send them across to you.

Cheers!
km

On Mar 7, 2016, at 18:48, John Peverall <john-dolan-bikes.com@mail.odoo.com> wrote:

A new answer on Order date in Purchase Order form not picking up current date and time has been posted. Click here to access the post :

See post

--
John Peverall

Sent by Odoo Inc. using Odoo

Best Answer

Picking up on your reply to my post https://www.odoo.com/es_ES/forum/ayuda-1/question/odoo-9-how-set-default-order-date-value-98420 we both have the same problem in that somehow we have set the date in question as a user defined default (normally only possible while in developer mode?)

I have a partial resolution go to Settings > Technical > Actions > User Defined Defaults there is a date_order field if you edit this and clear default value when follow sequence Purchase > Purchase Orders > Create the date will now come up blank.

I do not know the setting to default to current date and if you delete order_date then the system crashes on  Purchase > Purchase Orders > Create

If you find out anymore let me know on my question.

Discard