By
aci aisha
on 2/17/15, 11:35 PM 2,405 views

Friends,

I have to make a field invisible if the following conditions came,

cond1:the field file_type=Trademark

cond2:group=trademark_user

Is the following code is correct?

<field name="file_no_tm" attrs="{'invisible':['|',('file_type','!=','Trademark'),('groups','=','trademark_user')]}"/>   

It cause the following error..

Uncaught Error: Unknown field groups in domain ["|",["file_type","!=","Trademark"],["groups","=","trademark_user"]]

Thanks

For any domain in Odoo the left hand side of operator in tuple or out of three values ('groups','=','Trademark') first value must be a field belonging to that specific model. In your case it tries to find the field name "groups", in the model for which you have created this view and I think you will not be having any of the field named "groups" in your model, that is why it is throwing you an error.

If you want to add groups than you should try

<field name=<<field name>> groups=<<xml id of group along with module name - module_name.groupname>> />

Changed :

<field name="field name" attrs="{'invisible':[('field1','=','value1')]}" groups="xml id of group along with module name - module_name.groupname" />

Here it will apply OR condition between groups and attrs. So, any one is correct then user can see this field.

Error caused,,XMLSyntaxError: AttValue: " or ' expected

aci aisha
on 2/18/15, 5:10 AM

Hello, You have to give as like : It will apply or condition between attrs and groups.

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
on 2/18/15, 5:26 AM

Hello, You have to give as like : """ """ It will apply or condition between attrs and groups.

on 2/18/15, 5:28 AM

Hi, I have changed my answer please have a look on it.

on 2/18/15, 5:31 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/17/15, 11:35 PM
Seen: 2405 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM