Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Optional parameter Fileds - select

By
omprakash
on 5/30/13, 11:41 AM 2,705 views

Hi Friends ,

[ From Technical document ] select:Default value for the select attribute in the view. 1 means basic search, and 2 means advanced search.

1. I like to know , where we can find basic search ?

2. Is it possible to make use select= ( 1 or 2) for both XML files and <objectname>.py files ?

3. I like to know the property of select - optional parameter .

Friends please explain me . And once again thank everyone .

Thanks & Regards OMPRAKASH.A

NUMERIGRAPHE
On 6/10/13, 1:27 PM

"1" & "2" were used in v5.0: before the search views existed, the tree views had search filters on the "select=1" fields, and additional others hidden behind an "extended search" button (the "select=2" fields).

Looks like the docs are outdated.

Vasiliy Birukov

--Vasiliy Birukov--
| 6 6 8
Russian Federation
--Vasiliy Birukov--

Help develop and implement any project on base Odoo.

Vasiliy Birukov
On 6/3/13, 4:43 AM

Now select can be False(default) and True.

In OpenERP v6.x:

• If you define in ORM (*.py) select=True, then create index in DB for search optimization and insert in default search view.

• If you define in XML select=True, then field insert in default search view.

In OpenERP v7.x:

• If you define in ORM (*.py) select=True, then create index in DB for search optimization.

• If you define in XML select=True, then no effect.

Hi wowas , Thanks for reply .. I like to know where we can find basic search ? Both select 1 & 2 hold same property ?

omprakash
on 6/7/13, 1:04 PM

Because 1 & 2 it's True then behavior will the same. In this context, I think, basic search mean search without optimization (without create index in DB).

Vasiliy Birukov
on 6/8/13, 3:54 AM

Hi wowas , thank for your reply...

omprakash
on 6/8/13, 8:25 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/30/13, 11:41 AM
Seen: 2705 times
Last updated: 7/10/15, 12:10 PM