Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Optimize the processing in multi-process.

By
bernscheinder
on 5/26/14, 4:58 AM 1,475 views

The server has 4 CPU cores.
How to allocate server processes, including 3 cores for major tasks (CRON) and allow one for the other traffic.

Vincent Van Dyck
On 1/7/15, 11:01 AM

Probably a bit late, but for others maybe. The subject is not well documented ... and this is for v7 (maybe also for older versions)

I just tried to allow more CPU cores to Openerp v7 and find only a few here : https://www.odoo.com/fr_FR/forum/help-1/question/is-openerp-6-0-wsgi-complaint-10657 and there : https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/difference-between-built-in-multiprocessor-mode-and-gunicorn-1671

You need to modify the config file (for debian like : /etc/openerp/openerp-server.conf) used at startup. Change "workers" value at 2*cores +1 . I had to modify "limit-time-cpu" to 3600 (1 hour) as long imports where failing with a "CPU time limit exceeded" error. I think this kind of file doesn't support comments, so I did copy the original before any modification. You need to restart the server with a "service restart openerp". That's all.

Enjoy

Updated : Also had to change "limit-time-real" to 3600 (I had undocumented errors - a thin rose line - while importing big files).

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/26/14, 4:58 AM
Seen: 1475 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM