This question has been flagged
11 Replies

hi... while creating a new database in open erp v7.0 this error will be displayed ...

Client Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130509-231040\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\http.py", line 204, in dispatch
  File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130509-231040\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\controllers\main.py", line 769, in create
  File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130509-231040\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 31, in proxy_method
  File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130509-231040\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 104, in send

Server Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130509-231040\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 90, in send
  File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130509-231040\Server\server\.\openerp\netsvc.py", line 293, in dispatch_rpc
  File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130509-231040\Server\server\.\openerp\service\web_services.py", line 122, in dispatch
  File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130509-231040\Server\server\.\openerp\service\web_services.py", line 168, in exp_create_database
  File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130509-231040\Server\server\.\openerp\service\web_services.py", line 98, in _initialize_db
  File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130509-231040\Server\server\.\openerp\sql_db.py", line 160, in wrapper
OperationalError: Unable to use a closed cursor...

please help me to find a soloution ..

Discard

Its one of OpenERP reputed bugs, no worries. Nothing matter related to reinstallation of openerp, just check postgresql db config and openerp config.

Author

Thanks for your valuable comments

I just restart the server, then i can create db :)

I have the same problem, I restarted the server but without success, I modified the base module on res_partner.py, But I canceled the change I made, restarted the server, same problem ....

@zahin : I found that I missed some changes on the /etc/openerp-server.conf, I corrected it restarted the server but no changes. I'm looking for postgresql db config, can you tell me the path for it ?

Which are the parameters that I should change in the openerp cofiguration file?

Best Answer

the problem is the config file of your odoo version was changed somehow, i face this problem and when i put the default configuration of my odoo config file everything work fine

Discard
Best Answer

I have the same problem, did you get a solution ?

I found that on /etc/openerp-server.conf I should put on db_password, the password of the role attrbuted to openerp user, I corrected this error, restarted the server but same problem occurs.

Discard
Best Answer

Error talks about a closed cursor, and the last line in the trace you see sql_db.py.

So somehow during the creation of a new DB, the sql connection is closed.

Did you install additional modules, or have you modified code yourself?

Try to install the latest version of openERP7 on your system, it might be a bug or known issue with your version (may 9, 2013).

Discard
Author

hi.. I have the latest version of openerp which is installed on may -9. 2013. yesterday i created a new module and installed on the openerp....

Your module probably does some kind of action with SQL, if your own module is the only thing you have added (besides default modules from openERP). Can you post your module in your question?