This question has been flagged
5 Replies
Unable to reconcile after an internal Bank Transfer.  Error:

"Operation not allowed. Since your statement line already received a number, you cannot reconcile it entirely with existing journal entries otherwise it would make a gap in the numbering. You should book an entry and make a regular revert of it in case you want to cancel it."

As far as I can see, everything is perfect in my journals.  BANK1 is reconciled but VISA1 is refusing.  While the entries appear just fine, when I press the green "RECONCILE" button to reconcile I get this error:

Operation not allowed. Since your statement line already received a number, you cannot reconcile it entirely with existing journal entries otherwise it would make a gap in the numbering. You should book an entry and make a regular revert of it in case you want to cancel it.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here?

Discard
Author

Confirming that this bug still exists in Odoo 11+e.

It appears that once you have reconciled a statement line, the "unreconcile" icon appears to work but sometimes just does not.

I am puzzled as to where this statement data is stored - it is not in any of the journals (so far as I can see).

But solution is simple: Duplicate the statement then delete the original.

I can confirm this behavior. I had the exact same issue just now and your workaround fixed it. There has to be a bug somewhere.

Confirming James's workaround. Thanks for sharing.

Author Best Answer

In the end, the best solution I could find was:

* Un-reconcile the statement with the bad entry.

* Duplicate the statement (Actions/Duplicate)

* Edit the new statement so it's date and description match the original

* Delete the original statement

* Run reconcile again - no error

I did as much research as I could and I THINK that this should leave things in a stable state.

If anyone can say why this was not the right solution, please say something asap.

As far as I can tell, this is a bug in Odoo Reconcile so unless someone points out that this is a "feature", I am going to open a bug report.

Discard
Author

I marked my own comment as the solution. It works and did not cause any headaches at year-end.

Did anything come from your bug report to Odoo?

Author

Hi Cliff, no, I couldn't remember a solution so I just reviewed my ticket history; I don't see it in there at all. My suspicion is that I just carried on once I had a work-around solution.

I can say that I have not had the problem in the newer version (Odoo 13) so "perhaps" it has been fixed?