Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenOffice plugin error: The report could not be downloaded

Gilles Lehoux
on 2/15/14, 3:52 PM 6,121 views

In LibreOffice, the report plugin cannot download one specific report, the BOM Structure report. I've successfully downloaded many other reports from the list of reports. The error message is:

• Download Message 1
  • The report could not be downloaded.
  • Report: /tmp/tmpx9Ym23.sxw
  • Details: Unsupported URL "< file : //// tmp/tmpx9Ym23.sxw" (without the spaces)

The system:

• OpenERP v7
  • Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
  • LibreOffice

Hi Gilles, have you found any solution ? I've got the same problem...

on 3/5/14, 1:09 PM

Hi there. I have the same problem on downloading some of the report files.

on 4/14/14, 5:37 PM

Same problem here. Some of the reports on the list cannot be downloaded to OpenOffice. I am using openoffice 3.2 since this is the only version that's working with my windows system

on 4/14/14, 5:42 PM

I've got the same problem in master/trunk. Trying to open a report from the OpenOffice menu does not work and outputs and error with 'Unsupported url /var/folders/sz/qrqqbrn95kz_1w6c122ph1...

Luke Branch
on 7/4/14, 3:49 AM

I am getting the same issue while trying to import odoo online reports. Please reply me if you found solution for that.

Michael Pol
on 9/23/14, 4:35 AM

Same here

Heikki Heer
on 10/9/14, 5:33 PM
Heikki Heer
On 10/9/14, 5:32 PM

Same here. Odoo latest build. Fully updated openoffice. Anyone a solution

On 1/4/15, 11:21 AM

Think OpenOffice gets "empty" content from OpenERP when try to get report content from DB.
If your report es new or a copy of an existing try to write new content from OpenOffice or copy data from original from based report.
To copy data from original, update column ir_act_report_xml.report_sxw_content_data from original report record.

SET report_sxw_content_data = (
       ir_act_report_xml.id = <id_original_report>)
WHERE id=<id_new_report>

On 12/2/14, 9:33 AM

Same problem....

Carlos Paucar
On 2/26/15, 2:19 PM

Hi , when I click in OpenERP Report Designer --> Modify Existing Report , I get next message.

Download Message !

The report could not be downloaded.

Report: c:\users\usuario\appdata\local\temp\tmp4ra4sp.....

Details: URL seems to be an unsupported one.

I can't modify my invoice, or maybe there is another form todo this. help me !

PD: I did that aj says , but didn't function, I get the next error in the line 9 ( ir_act_report_xml.id = <id_original_report> )

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

7 follower(s)

Asked: 2/15/14, 3:52 PM
Seen: 6121 times
Last updated: 3/14/16, 3:53 AM