Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP7, new user with full rights unable to create new Customers

on 5/30/13, 7:06 AM 1,587 views

With the admin user I can do everything, add, delete, modify, etc. As it should be.

Then using this user added a new one, with full access exactly as admin user (duplicate of admin). Then using new admin user tried to add a new customer and it throws a warning:

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Partner, Operation: read)

1. access right portal already unchecked.
  2. original admin user can create customer from sales->customer but new duplicate admin user and any other user unable to create customer.....

can anyone help me out!

have you unchecked anonymous too ?

UNTAR, Viktor Aditya
on 5/30/13, 8:18 AM

yes i unchecked anonymous too

on 5/30/13, 3:09 PM

I think you should go to Access Controls List and make sure that every groups thas belong to "new admin user" have a access to read, write, create and delete.

UNTAR, Viktor Aditya
on 5/31/13, 12:08 AM
Wolfgang Taferner
On 6/2/13, 12:14 PM

It is b/c the new user is not a SUPERUSER - admin/first user is by definition a SUPERUSER...so no ACL is stopping this user from interacting w/ OpenERP

For the new/duplicated user you need to apply the proper groups (rights).

It can be easily done via Settings / Users --> Edit the user (notebook page Access Rights)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 5/30/13, 7:06 AM
Seen: 1587 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM