Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP v8 Documentation

By
Farook
on 7/17/13, 12:28 PM 16,533 views

Hi Can anybody tell e if OpenERP v8 documentation trunk verions is available somewhere? I heard from some developers that the code of v8 is already available for checkout from the trunk. Pleas guide me if you have any information

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 7/21/13, 1:39 AM

All I've seen so far is Fabien's slide where, starting with slide 14, the OpenERP 8 roadmap is discussed.

http://de.slideshare.net/openobject/the-future-of-openerp-open-days-2013-keynote-presentation-fabien-pinckaers-ceo-openerp

Thanks Ray, that was helpful

Farook
on 7/21/13, 1:51 AM
Farook
On 7/17/13, 12:34 PM

I Heard that many bugs and issues faced in V7 is completely fixed and V8 is going to be a ready hit out of the box....and to be launched in 2013 itself

Timo Talvitie
On 7/21/13, 11:23 AM

At Open Days there was a presentation about upcoming API changes, and a part of it can be found in Youtube:

youtube.com/watch?v=j04bzVmxeu0

While the video quality is not perfect, you can still see some quite interesting new things.

Neo Stroz
On 7/20/13, 10:27 PM

If anybody have a link to the V8 documents please share. I'm looking forward for some features which we couldn't meet in V7 and were required by few of our clients

Pierre Soum

--Pierre Soum--
| 5 5 8
Aucamville, France
--Pierre Soum--
Pierre Soum
On 1/15/14, 6:33 AM

Soon news about OpenERP 8 documentation here and there.

Omal Bastin

--Omal Bastin--
| 6 6 8
Kochi, Kerala, India
--Omal Bastin--

Swiming deep into openERP/ODOO

Omal Bastin
On 7/24/13, 7:23 AM

I dont think there will be much difference in document of v7 and v8. Instant messaging is the mail feature added up in v8. We can download latest v8 from http://nightly.openerp.com/trunk/nightly/src/.

Dear Omal, Any idea about managing FIFO in V8 ?

Nisthulan
on 4/21/14, 6:07 AM

I havent checked the stock modules.I heard that, In V8 the stock module has been changed completely from v7. Also have the functionality for managing FIFO, LIFO and all

Omal Bastin
on 4/21/14, 8:08 AM

I've just installed from Trunk. But, I couldn't find such an option to choose, FIFO/LIFO/FEFO

Nisthulan
on 4/21/14, 8:17 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/17/13, 12:28 PM
Seen: 16533 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM