Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP v7 vs v7-20131113-002526

By
Alex Gallien
on 9/15/14, 4:02 PM 410 views

After installing a new instance of OpenERP, I noticed that it just said v7 under "About OpenERP", where my old instance (installed by someone else) says v7-20131113-002526. Is there some sort of minor update I could do here? I am having some module incompatabiltiy issues. Thanks!

Bole

--Bole--
| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia
--Bole--

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

Bole
On 9/16/14, 2:47 AM

v7 usualy sais when you install it directly from git ( or launchpad) while v7-YYYYMMDD-version stands fro nightly build versions 
(you have date and version number for reference in name of version) 

If you face module incompatability issues, you can:

a) start server with update all option ( -u all or -u db_name ) in order to update all modules (backup db before!)
b) check your modules and modules they depend on for diferences , and make modifications accordingly.. 

hope it helps.

That did help, as it caused me to download via the nightly debian packages instead of git. Turns out my issue was related to webkit and Ubuntu 14 but the debian install is more similar to how it was done on my test instance. Cheers!

Alex Gallien
on 9/17/14, 1:43 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/15/14, 4:02 PM
Seen: 410 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM