Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Openerp slow access from WAN

By
Saroj Dhoj Joshi
on 2/5/14, 3:01 PM 1,845 views

Hi I am new to Openerp and we are trying out the software. The web access is perfect when I am in the same country, but when I try to access it from another country, the web access is very slow.....says loading for a couple of seconds making it difficult to use. The ping delay is 240ms to 301ms. Can anyone recommend a solution.

Thanks in advance.

@Ray you should make that an Answer

Daniel Reis
on 2/6/14, 5:00 AM

Ray I never said Openerp is slow. In my case its slow because of the internet speed no doubt about that but we are hosting other web applications too, openerp is slower compared to them. Let me know if there is something we are not doing right. Yes I tried openerp.com/start and its faster then what we are hosting.

Saroj Dhoj Joshi
on 2/6/14, 5:09 AM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 2/6/14, 2:57 PM

Try https://www.openerp.com/start - you can see how well the software performs on a server farm. A ping delay of 240ms is very high, pointing to a slow connection, not slow software.

If OpenERP isn't slow when you are in the same country, but is slow when you are further away, I have no idea how you would attack that problem!

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 2/6/14, 3:00 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/5/14, 3:01 PM
Seen: 1845 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM