How can I avoid the following instability of openerp-server?
Observations about possible correlations (cause and effect unkown):
- Pop ups of "XmlHttpRequestError" (this what the observations usually start with)
- OpenERP Freeze without error Message.
- Browser Title shows "OpenERP" with logo
- Browser window remains simply completely blank
- Adress line transforms - as it should be to http://[IP-ADDRESS]:8069/?db=[DB-NAME] when accessing: http://[IP-ADDRESS]:8069
- On the server are shown several PIDs for the SAME Company Database by the postgres user
- Overall behaviour of OpenERP is rather inconsistent, suddenly it works, then again it doesn't ("XmlHttpRequestError" & blank screen) - and probably a bit slower as usual
service openerp-server restartit doesnt seem to solve the problem,
- After a
rebootthe inconsistent behaviour aparently is not affected. (blank browser content)
- Im in Colombia -> Instable Network Connection? - But: other Requests, such as normal homepages seem fast and without delay - during the same timeframe.
- Servers (Company: ChicagoVPS, 2 GB RAM, SSD-HD, VPS) are situated in Atlanta
- I have a
barmanWAL-archiver system of the postgre cluster used by openerp configured
Added after reading about error-message-related time-out issues:
- SSH is blazing fast
-> Please indicate what further useful information I could provide (and if it's server side - e.g. logs, etc. where to find them according to convention)
*there is a workaround.* if you can access the database go to the table called **ir_module_module** its in /schemata/public/tables. Then simply search the column **name** and if its set to **installed** set it to **uninstalled** (Do not delete the entry!) then log out of openerp, restart openerp, log in as admin, go to **Settings** >> **Update Modules List** and then **Settings** >> **Apply Scheduled Upgrades** then be pacient. depending what modules make trouble you can set also the dependencies on **uninstalled**
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 11/10/13, 5:41 PM|
|Seen: 2476 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|