This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I'm stuck on a quirky issue with OpenERP Report Designer where after clicking on 'Send Report to Server' in OpenOffice for Windows, the Sent To Server window stays open and nothing happens This occurs wether I choose to 'Open a new report' or 'Modify Existing Report'. After any editing, I can't get a report to save back to the server.

If I don't type anything on an existing report page, it will process, and I see a verification in the log that there was a login. I've tried reinstalling the module and the zip file to no avail.

Please help me to use this simple yet powerful tool.

Discard
Best Answer

These are my best practices:

1) Make sure you have no other Writer documents open.

2) Save the report as an ODT document (temporarily, on the authoring machine) before sending back to the Server.

3) Use Libre Office 3.5 instead of any version of Open Office.

Discard
Best Answer

I had this issue myself and it only works when the report is stored in the temp folder into which is it first downloaded by the Report Designer. Try storing it there and sending to the server from there. This worked for me.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

I have the very same problem using OpenOffice 3.4 or LibreOffice 3.4. I have been able to create reports some time ago, and now I can only modify existing ones.

The solutions above do not work for me. Could you find a solution?

Thanks

Discard