Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP Report Designer error on sales report generation

By
Fabrice
on 4/3/13, 8:01 AM 1,550 views

Hello I made several reports for sales quotes & orders (depending on logos of the business unit who generates the quote).

As usual I created a new report based on another one who works fine, but OpenERP isn't able to render the PDF document, I always get this error in the client log :

Traceback (most recent call last): File "widget\view\form.pyo", line 223, in _action File "modules\action\main.pyo", line 179, in _exec_action File "modules\action\main.pyo", line 58, in exec_report File "rpc.pyo", line 218, in rpc_exec_auth File "rpc.pyo", line 152, in exec_auth File "rpc.pyo", line 169, in execute tiny_socket.Myexception: ("warning -- report.sale.order.rnd1DrxD\n\n(<type 'exceptions.keyerror'="">, KeyError(u'report.sale.order.rnd1DrxD',), <traceback object="" at="" 0xcd4caa4="">)", 'Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-server/netsvc.py", line 489, in dispatch\n result = ExportService.getService(service_name).dispatch(method, auth, params)\n File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-server/service/web_services.py", line 698, in dispatch\n res = fn(db, uid, *params)\n File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-server/service/web_services.py", line 776, in exp_report_get\n return self._check_report(report_id)\n File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-server/service/web_services.py", line 754, in _check_report\n self.abortResponse(exc, exc.message, \'warning\', exc.traceback)\n File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-server/netsvc.py", line 129, in abortResponse\n raise Exception("%s -- %s\n\n%s"%(origin, description, details))\nException: warning -- report.sale.order.rnd1DrxD\n\n(<type \'exceptions.keyerror\'="">, KeyError(u\'report.sale.order.rnd1DrxD\',), <traceback object="" at="" 0xcd4caa4="">)\n')

Even if I do a simple "copy" of an older report, and upload it directly on the server, I still have this message.

Is there something I missed ?

We run OpenERP 6.0, Report Designer 1.0 and LibreOffice 3.5.4

Thank you all !

Borni DHIFI

--Borni DHIFI--
| 6 8 9
Tunis, Tunisia
--Borni DHIFI--

Techno Functional Consultant Odoo(OpenERP) 

http://www.linkedin.com/in/borni

Borni DHIFI
On 4/3/13, 8:26 AM

Before sending the report to server make sure you register the report on your computer.then send.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I will retry and force reconnect before sending the report to the server. But I remember that a similar problem was previously encountered but LibreOffice killed itself on pushing the "Send to the server" button twice.

Fabrice
on 4/3/13, 10:19 AM

So I checked and double-checked and triple-checked the connection to the server before and after each action, and this time it works..... Thank you for the tip !

Fabrice
on 4/3/13, 11:39 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/3/13, 8:01 AM
Seen: 1550 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM