Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Openerp report designer error group not found?

By
Szabolcs Szilárd
on 4/24/13, 5:29 AM 2,399 views

I try to connect openerp server by openoffice writer. I get an error message "group not found , create a group named openoffice report designer"

How can i connect to the openerp server? I use win7, the server is on my computer as well.

Thanks!

Problem Solved: --------------------- I've had the same problem and tried a lot of things, this is how it worked: 1) Install OpenOffice 4.1.1 in english US. (Not in your language) 2) OpenERP by going to Reporting > Configuration > Report Designer 3) Then click the “Download openerp_report_designer.zip”, it downloads a file without the extension .zip, you have tu put it yourself to the end of the file. 4) OpenOffice 4.1.1. -> Open the extension manager from the main menu by going to Tools > Extension Manager and Add openerp_report_designer.zip Then try it, and tell me.

Gabriel Bora
on 9/22/14, 10:52 AM
jamesbale
On 4/24/13, 8:59 AM

Now base_report_desinger group are removed from version 7.

What can i do, if i would like to make a report or modify a report?

Szabolcs Szilárd
on 4/24/13, 10:00 AM

See if there is a newer version of the openoffice report designer than what you have.

Rick Leir
on 9/20/13, 4:15 PM
Gabriel Bora
On 9/22/14, 5:21 AM

It didn´t work with the ip, it gives me the same answer.

waqar
On 9/20/13, 12:30 PM

Hi,

To solve your problem, you may use your server address or wherever your Openerp installed instead of localhost per example: say it is at 192.168.0.10.

Try these and see if its solve your problem.

I hope this information is informative and helpful.

Good luck.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/24/13, 5:29 AM
Seen: 2399 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM