This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Open erp was reinstalled in the server when it was reinstalled.he reinstallation is complete now.I have the database back up of previous installation with me.My query is whether I need to install the modules of the previous version or it is all included in the database back up which I have?Should I just restore the db backup to retain a fully fledged openerp system ?

Discard
Best Answer

Yes, you will have to just restore the database using manage databases. It will automatically install all the related module of that database and also openerp database restore all record which stored before on your erp system. I hope this will help you. You just have to goto restore database and select your backup file and input your master password, and after that you have to write your database name.

Discard
Author

Thanks a lot .it worked perfectly.

than correct the answer.

Best Answer

If there is no change in terms of

• Operating System
  • PostgreSQL Version
  • Version of OpenERP

If all those versions matches, you can get back to the old OpenERP instance by using the same source code, including the custom modules if you use any just you need to restore the database.

Discard
Best Answer

You should install exactly the same version of OpenERP that you had to be sure that your Database Schema is 100% compatible with your Application. Normally a new version of OpenERP is modifying database schema one or another way.

Discard
Best Answer

First install the new Openerp using the same version

Later, if you have a problem with "database manager" method, you can try with this:

DUMP DataBase from source server:

pg_dump -f oe-mydatabase_backup.sql mydatabase_name

RESTORE on destination server:

psql -f mydatabase_backup.sql mydatabase_name

You need remember if have a custom addons then need copy the server files.

Discard