Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

openerp opening entry

NetbeamERP Technology
on 5/14/14, 4:19 AM 2,524 views

Hi, this is very generic problem for new oepnerp user.

i am transfering my accoutns from a customized accounting software. i have taken all the opening balance of accounts / leadgers and i want to enter these balances in the openerp accounts.

but i want to know how can i enter opening balances in openerp.

Please Helpp

| 5 2 6
Lomé, Togo

On 8/2/14, 1:43 PM

Hi NetbeamERP,

For enter opening balance you have to know a basic in accounting(according to debit and credit concept).

• You will create and journal whose type will Opening/Closing Situation (or you can use directly the existing journal named "Opening Journal"
  • Go to Invoicing -> Journal Entries -> Journal Entries -> Create -> Select the "Opening Journal" and record the authers fields.
  • In journal entry lines you will set your opening balance. (For exemple 4111-----> 6000€). The system will do automatically the counterparty
  • Save and validate your journal entry. All opening balance will transfert to your account system

Good work

Sandeep Kumar
On 9/22/14, 4:17 AM

Go to Accounting - Configuration - Journals - Journal and create a new journal and in type select opening balance and then on the same tab select the Centralize journal checkbox. Now save this journal

Go to Accounting - Journal - journal entries  and then select the journals and now in lines select the account and post the debit entries for all account (trial balance)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/14/14, 4:19 AM
Seen: 2524 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM