Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I wonder what is the backup policy for OpenERP Online databases ? Moreover, I cannot find how I can download a backup of my current database.
For databases that are hosted on the OpenERP Online Cloud and have a valid OpenERP Enterprise subscription (i.e. only paying customer), we keep backups of each database as follows:
- Daily: One backup per day, kept for 7 days
- Weekly: One backup per week, kept for 1 month
- Monthly: One backup per month, kept for 3 months
(database size does not matter)
It is possible for the owner of a database to download a backup of the current state of the database:
- Sign in on openerp.com with the account that pays for the database (this is very important otherwise you will only see the "Revoke Access" option)
- On the Home page where you see "Your Accounts", click on the arrow in the top right of the box where you see your company logo.
- Click on "Download Backup":
- Note: If you haven't been connected to your database as the Administrator recently, you way get a warning message telling you to connect as Administrator. You simply have to go to your instance with the right account then come back. The easiest way to do this is to click on the icon representing your company (you will be automatically logged into your databasase) then come back to accounts.openerp.com. The link to download your backup should then work.
- Note 2: This is not available for trial subscriptions nor for on-site hosting. For on-site deployments you can use the database manager to perform your own backups.
It si a very important point now as Odoo/OpenERP introduced the FREE 2 user version. How is the backup/database download policy now? Because I cannot see any of these backup/download options in my Odoo v8 free version! ANd I have no clue how to secure my precious company data after years of use....?
Backup policy: None (as far as I know)
If you want to make a regular dump, you have to use the scheduler of the OS (cron on Linux) and access the DB to make the dump.
How to make a backup:
At the login screen, Click on 'Manage Databases' (below the username/password input).
This allows you to create, delete (= drop), backup, and/or restore a database.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 4/26/13, 7:00 AM|
|Seen: 7357 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|