This question has been flagged
2 Replies

How can I create a new user in my OpenERP Online instance ?

I do not understand how a new user can connect. I have registered new users in my OpenERP instance, but they cannot login.

Discard
Author Best Answer

To add users, please process as following:

1. As administrator, go to "Settings" > "Users".
  2. Click on the button "Create".
  3. Fill the form.
  4. Ensure that the email address is correct as it will be used to send an invitation to connect.
  5. Save.
  6. An invitation mail should have been sent to the email address of your user.
  7. A link is contained in this email. The user must click on it to accept the invitation to your OpenERP instance.
  8. He will be redirected to accounts.openerp.com. There, if he has not yet an account, he must create a new one by filling the form (Email, name, password and confirmation). Otherwise, he can sign in with his usual login and password.
  9. Once signed in, the user will be redirected to your instance automatically.

Possible troubles:

• If the administrator, which has created the user, tries to connect himself as the new user, he must first logout from both accounts.openerp.com and his openerp instance.
  • This is in fact the case for any user of your instance trying to connect himself as another user in your OpenERP instance.
  • If the email is not received, you can copy the link proposed in the upper right corner just after clicking the "save" button and send it yourself to your new user.
  • If the email is not received and the user creator wants to sign in himself as the new user, he can copy the link as mentionned above, log out from both the OpenERP instance and accounts.openerp.com and paste the link in his browser.

To re-send an invitation to connect, please process as following:

1. As administrator, go to "Settings" > "Users".
  2. Click on the user you want to re-send an invitation.
  3. Click on the "reset password" button. (N.B. : This button will be renamed soon as this is not a "password reset" button but a "Re-send invitation" button)
  4. A link is send to the email of the user.
  5. After that, you can continue from the point 7 of the user creation process (above)
Discard

This is specific to the OpenERP Online offer. If you installed OpenERP yourself and you did not use OAuth, you just assign a username and password.

@Denis Ledoux: thankz for ur deatiled steps.. at point 7 which u stated above when user clicks activation link ,the user will be asked to enter password field , confirm passowrd field and there he also as reset button and "login with google" button....Here he should only get "login with google" button how can these be acheived ???

but if we activated Auth and wanted to new user should login via
sso what we need to do create new account and rest password or which is correct way.

Best Answer

after install openerp, I try to create user, so I added a user and I filled out the form by checking enabled of course a user but the status of the user does not activated even after have assigned a password and saved

Discard
Author

The status of a user is set to active if he has connected himself to the instance during the past 15 days. Do not confuse the status and the check-box: If the Active check-box is not checked, the user will not be able to connect.