Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP online Alias emails

By
Tor Cunningham
on 7/1/13, 2:06 AM 1,641 views

I am using a trial of OpenERP online. When creating a user instead of 'login' being required as I have seen in some tutorials, an email address is required for the user. This becomes a problem when creating alias emails. When the user is created user1@company.com is entered (only accepts an email address) and in the general settings the alias domain is set to 'company.com' When sending out a message the recipient sees the email as sent from user1@company.com@company.com

What causes this to happen? documentation and tutorials I have found on setting up alias don't seem to match the same fields which i see during user creation/edit.

Marc Cassuto

--Marc Cassuto--
| 4 4 8
Montreal, Canada
--Marc Cassuto--

Marc Cassuto
On 8/26/13, 12:08 PM

Hello,

This is because on the SaaS version, OpenERP SA forces login to be the email address. On a standard OpenERP Server, there is 2 different fields for login and email.

To solve your problem :

• go to Settings\Users\Users
  • Edit user1 and click on alias
  • Edit the alias and change it from user1@company.com to user1

That's all.

Regards, Marc

PS: please vote if you find his usefull

Where you click on alias, I can not find it.

Metrolux Gmbh, Andreas Marpmann
on 8/27/13, 5:44 PM

In the tab "Contact", you have this alias attribute. The value is in blue meaning it is a clickable link. Click the link and edit the form that has just open.

Marc Cassuto
on 8/27/13, 6:13 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/1/13, 2:06 AM
Seen: 1641 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM