Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP on Android Source Code

By
marc
on 5/8/13, 11:13 PM 3,678 views

There seems to be a 1/2 dozen OpenERP centric applications for Android.

I can not seem to find any of the source code for these applications that I can find.

I'm looking for source code available applications due to:

• Support for future OpenERP changes.

• I wish to add some "nag me" features to the data entry side.

advTHANKSance

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 5/9/13, 8:08 AM

Short answer:

As far as I know, all OpenERP apps (Android and iPhone) are closed source, and propose pretty basic functions.

Longer opinated comment:

If you add to this that most of the app providers are unknown to the Community, I wouldn't bet my business on them.

They completely miss the open-source economics leverage: if these providers collaborated on a Community common client library, possibly with a license allowing for private modules, they would be able to, instead of building basic apps, create wider functionality and a great user experience.

In the end, that's what can make their apps stand out from the others.

Ridley Jacobs
On 3/22/16, 8:01 AM

Well, you need to search on Google for better results.

http://dovemobi.com/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/8/13, 11:13 PM
Seen: 3678 times
Last updated: 3/22/16, 8:01 AM