Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
The Question has been closed for reason: duplicate questionby
It seems the Openerp is moving from free version (opensource platform) towards a commercial. I know this sounds strange, but recently I tested OEv7 and I was amused to see that now App repository is available only for Enterprise users (or for instances with less than 3 users).
That means lot of people using free version have no longer the option to easily install modules. They have to dug out into launchpad for installing modules/apps. (I am not sure about this too, because haven't tested this yet.)
Now Since In my view this is a clear indication of things to come in future. Free version will be available but it will get tougher & tougher to install, implement and maintain it. (But I hope somehow this does not happen)
In fact, you can disable this auto one click paid functionality ! (up to 3 users) and use local folder with addons like v5, V6, V6.1.
You can use openerp launchpad repository, community one with lots of interresting modules and juste put it or link it in your local
Community one (some of them because you can find lots of on launchpad, git, mercurial repository)
- Stock and Logistic Barcode: https://launchpad.net/stock-logistic-barcode
- Stock and Logistic Warehouse: https://launchpad.net/stock-logistic-warehouse
- Stock and Logistic Tracking: https://launchpad.net/stock-logistic-tracking
- Stock and Logistic Flows: https://launchpad.net/stock-logistic-flows
- Stock and Logistic â Reports: https://launchpad.net/stock-logistic-report
- Carriers And Deliveries Management: https://launchpad.net/carriers-deliveries
- Banking Addons: https://launchpad.net/banking-addons
- Contact and Partner Management: https://launchpad.net/partner-contact-management
- Purchase â Workflow and Organization: https://launchpad.net/purchase-wkfl
- Purchase â Financial Controlling: https://launchpad.net/purchase-financial
- Purchase â Reports: https://launchpad.net/purchase-report
- Sales â Financial Controlling: https://launchpad.net/sale-financial
- Sales â Workflow and Organization: https://launchpad.net/sale-wkfl
- Sales â Reports: https://launchpad.net/sale-reports
- Product â Kitting Management: https://launchpad.net/product-kitting
- Account â Financial Report https://launchpad.net/account-financial-report
- Account â Analytic Accounting: https://launchpad.net/account-analytic
- Account â Budgeting: https://launchpad.net/account-budgeting
- Account â Invoicing Reports: https://launchpad.net/account-invoice-report
- Account Payment Addons: https://launchpad.net/account-payment
- Account â Closing: https://launchpad.net/account-closing
- Account â Consolidation: https://launchpad.net/account-consolidation
- Account â Financial Tools: https://launchpad.net/account-financial-tools
- Account â Invoicing: https://launchpad.net/account-invoicing
- Contract management: https://launchpad.net/contract-management
- OpenERP Fiscal Rule: https://launchpad.net/openerp-fiscal-rules
- Margin Analysis: https://launchpad.net/margin-analysis
- Project Management â Invoicing and Reporting: https://launchpad.net/project-reporting
- Project Management â Services: https://launchpad.net/project-service
- HR â Timesheet Management: https://launchpad.net/hr-timesheet
- Department Management: https://launchpad.net/department-mgmt
- Server Environment And Tools: https://launchpad.net/server-env-tools
- Webkit Utils: https://launchpad.net/webkit-utils
- E-Commerce addons: https://launchpad.net/e-commerce-addons
- Report â Printing and Sending: https://launchpad.net/report-print-send
Community on github:
- improve many2one field: https://github.com/0k/web_m2o_enhanced
- widget markitup for openerp: https://github.com/0k/web_markitup
- widget web_ckeditor: https://github.com/0k/web_ckeditor
- report xml: https://github.com/0k/report_xml
- report graphane (to use with opengraphane): https://github.com/0k/report_graphane
And many other from anybox, akretion, and partners ...
Feel free to update the list ;)
It's not strange at all. OpenERP core is not a community project - it's software built by a for-profit commercial company. Many may find strange that they let you run their software for free, and even have access to their source code. It's only fair that they get paid for what they do.
Having said that, OpenERP is still as free as before. What changed is that they are making it easier for people to access paid services, notably through the access to their "app store".
I am glad I found this post, because I have been thinking the same for some time now. I think it is more accurate to say that they are moving away from the community model (which they used to boast about). I understand the need to make money from their work (after all, we all expect that), but once the forums were closed I think the ability for small consultants like myself to implement a basic system (which often leads to a paid subscription) has become very difficult, and quite frankly not worth the effort. I have been moving towards recommending other ERP solutions to my clients since this occurred, and doubt I will recommend OpenERP any more.
And regarding Nicolas' post, is this actually documented anywhere?
The Enterprise user not only have a simple install, but also OpenERP Apps interface checks for dependencies and version match, which can affect you big time...
However, The best thing is that, the Enterprise Users, like me, gets to add the new features that is only available on the new version, while the corner cutters remain on an old version...Can't wait for V8....
About This Community
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 6/23/13, 7:09 PM|
|Seen: 5208 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|