Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Openerp Locking out

By
Kamela
on 3/17/13, 9:39 PM 3,097 views

Why does openerp v7 locking out? When weekends, openerp v7 seems stop then it doesn't start anymore.. I have to restart it again. Why is it so?

Thanks

Juanjo Algaz
On 3/18/13, 6:21 AM

Check your memory. Maybe openerp consumes all memory and the so kill the process for this reason.

Mitul
On 11/4/14, 4:03 AM

I am facing a similar issue, using it on VPS - Digital Ocean

Out of memory : Kill process openerp-server score 560 or sacrifice child.

Any clues?

This tells exactly what is wrong. There is no more memory left for your Odoo to keep running. I'm presuming you have the 512MB on Digital Ocean.. Those crash quite fast because the Odoo instance runs out of memory.

Yenthe
on 11/4/14, 4:57 AM

thanks. yes its 512mb...i guess ill upgrade...

Mitul
on 11/4/14, 8:41 AM

I believe the 1GB RAM VM shouldn't give you this error anymore though. Good luck.

Yenthe
on 11/4/14, 8:45 AM

Thanks, its sorted now with 1gb

Mitul
on 11/16/14, 11:46 AM

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 3/18/13, 5:43 AM

Did you look into the logfile(s) of openERP? On ubuntu, it is probably in /var/log/openerp-server.log (or related name).

Next time you encounter this issue, can you look into that file and post the last 20 lines or so, if you cannot make anything of it? Than other people might be able to point you into the correct direction (or even tell you what to change/modify to prevent it from happening again).

Other question: Is openERP installed on a real machine, or in a VM? If openERP doesn't respond, can you access the machine and/or use other functions of the machine?

No i didn't look before I restart again the openerp server..I'll post the log file if it occurs again.. its on our ubuntu linux server.. and yes I can use it and open using filezilla.. I had to restart the whole server then command start openerp using putty command line..

Kamela
on 3/22/13, 3:34 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/17/13, 9:39 PM
Seen: 3097 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM