Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP loads automatically with first database in database list on startup

By
arif
on 3/24/13, 1:51 AM 2,397 views

Hi,

I downloaded latest nightly build and run ./openerp-server. Then from browser I gave http://localhost:8069. Now the server loads with first database in database list as I have attempted to login in that database.

Thanks in advance

I noticed that, after creating a database for version 7, and login in it, the next time when server starts with this new database.! Have any suggestion please to remove it?

arif
on 3/24/13, 3:00 AM

When the server starts, it show a warning as following.

/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Babel-0.9.5-py2.6.egg/babel/__init__.py:33: UserWarning: Module openerp was already imported from /home/user_name/workspace/openerp-7.0/openerp/__init__.pyc, but /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp_server-6.1_dev-py2.6.egg is being added to sys.path from pkg_resources import get_distribution, ResolutionError

arif
on 3/24/13, 3:07 AM

Te last used database is stored in a cookie: last_used_database.

To disable the "auto load" (worked for me): disable cookie_db in server/openerp/addons/web/controllers/main.py

# 2 use the database from the cookie if it's listable and still listed
#    cookie_db = req.httprequest.cookies.get('last_used_database')
#    if cookie_db in dbs:
#       db = cookie_db
tlauber
On 3/24/13, 4:33 AM

You can specify the database in your openerp-server.conf file: DB_NAME = "your-database-name"

Basically the database information will be added to the URL: localhost:8069/?db="your-database-name"

In configuration file, no database name is mentioned, but it loads with one database. How I can block it. I need to load only after I select database and attempt to login. I seems, that it happens on change of that database field, I hope if I modify that code it will get resolved.

arif
on 3/24/13, 8:26 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/24/13, 1:51 AM
Seen: 2397 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM