Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Openerp Listening for XML-RPC call.

By
Hussain Nagri
on 12/18/13, 4:19 AM 645 views

Hello,
I am stuck here.
Scenario:
End user will send some data to a server, server must be continuously listening for the data from anyone. Data comes on the server and server makes database entries.

If this was php I would say apache would be running continuously and their would be a page say listen.php who can GET some data like name and address and then store it to the database. lets say the url hitting the listen.php is like

www[dot]someserver[dot]com/listen.php/?name=STRANGER&address=EARTH

How do I achieve this using XML-RPC in Openerp ? I know how XML-RPC works but what url some end user should have to hit the XML-RPC python code. I am confused.

Thanks

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/18/13, 4:19 AM
Seen: 645 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM