Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP doesn't connect

By
feriel bendimerad
on 3/5/14, 4:42 AM 1,318 views

hi everybody, i'm facing the following problem, using inheritance to update some classes belonging to the base module in order to add a column (in ‘res_partner inherited class, we have added the column ‘commune_id’ ) when i upgrade the module which calls the python file containing these updates i'm getting the error that the column ‘commune_id’ doesn’t exist blocking the connection to OpenERP 7.0. This error occurs when i connect to a database which doesn’t contain this field ( commune_id) and when i create an new database the error is not coming.

is there a commande line that i can update a specific module , or addons ?

Thanks in advance

Nehal

--Nehal--
| 5 2 8
Ahmadabad, India
--Nehal--
Nehal
On 3/5/14, 5:22 AM

Hi, You can update specific module by command line with following option: -u module_name e.g. python openerp-server -u base

feriel bendimerad
On 3/5/14, 4:40 PM

Hi Nehal , i have done this commande ,for module base but i'v got this error , normally this error couldn't happen , i didn't do any change in this module so how can it be update with error?? in second: how can i exit from the last line ?

best regards

2014-03-05 20:23:07,425 4594 WARNING ? openerp.modules.module: module web_kanban                                                                                        : module not found
2014-03-05 20:23:07,426 4594 CRITICAL ? openerp.modules.module: Couldn't load mo                                                                                        dule web_kanban
2014-03-05 20:23:07,426 4594 CRITICAL ? openerp.modules.module: No module named                                                                                         web_kanban
2014-03-05 20:23:07,426 4594 ERROR ? openerp.service: Failed to load server-wide                                                                                         module `web_kanban`.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/service/__init__.py", line 60, in load_se                                                                                        rver_wide_modules
    openerp.modules.module.load_openerp_module(m)
  File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/modules/module.py", line 405, in load_ope                                                                                        nerp_module
    __import__('openerp.addons.' + module_name)
  File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/modules/module.py", line 132, in load_mod                                                                                        ule
    f, path, descr = imp.find_module(module_part, ad_paths)
ImportError: No module named web_kanban
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 504, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/service/wsgi_server.py", line 436, in ser                                                                                        ve
    httpd = werkzeug.serving.make_server(interface, port, application, threaded=                                                                                        True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/werkzeug/serving.py", line 399, in make                                                                                        _server
    passthrough_errors, ssl_context)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/werkzeug/serving.py", line 331, in __in                                                                                        it__
    HTTPServer.__init__(self, (host, int(port)), handler)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 408, in __init__
    self.server_bind()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 108, in server_bind
    SocketServer.TCPServer.server_bind(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 419, in server_bind
    self.socket.bind(self.server_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
    return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
error: [Errno 98] Adresse déjà utilisée

2014-03-05 20:23:07,433 4594 INFO ? openerp: OpenERP server is running, waiting                                                                                         for connections...

This error is due to running OpenERP server on the same port on which you are trying to update. As a solution, you may kill the process or can run openerp-server on different port. ps aux | grep openerp nehal 2790 0.4 1.4 145160 56264 pts/0 Sl+ 09:27 0:04 python ./openerp-server --addons-path=../addons/,../web/addons Above command will show you the detail of openerp-server running on which port. You can kill that specific process by running the command sudo kill -9 procees_id e.g in my case: sudo kill -9 2790

Nehal
on 3/6/14, 12:14 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/5/14, 4:42 AM
Seen: 1318 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM