Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

openerp-client cannot be launched successfully

By
gim
on 12/31/14, 9:07 AM 289 views

I use Fedora 18 operating system in my computer and username openerp exists..

I downloaded postgresql 9.2 from www.postgres.org, and installed with database user name openerp and password.

I installed openerp-server and openerp-client  6.1  which is in Fedora 18 package.

Now successfully both postgresql and openerp-server are running.

Then I launched openerp-client with "local all all  password" in pg_hba.conf file.

However, in openerp-client window shows database: "couldnot connect to server".

Next I changed "local all all    trust" in pg_hba.conf file, and again rebooted.

This time when I launched openerp-client again, the openerp-client window displays "Authentication errors: Bad Username or Password"

In conclusion I failed to launch openerp application.

I would like to know  what's the problem!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/31/14, 9:07 AM
Seen: 289 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM