Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP and Python Tools for Visual Studio

By
Pieter van der Westhuizen
on 3/12/13, 2:10 AM 5,665 views

Hi All,

I'm new to OpenERP as well as Python. Is it possible to open, edit and debug the OpenERP source using Python Tools for Visual Studio?

If possible, how can I get it to work? I was able to open the server source in Visual Studio but are unable to run it because currently I get more than 2300 error messages along the lines of :

unexpected token 'x1'

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

test
On 3/12/13, 2:59 AM

www.eclipse.org

Please use eclipse tool for OpenERP Development.

Visual studio can't be use because it works with iron-python which not work with OpenERP.

www.eclipse.org download this product and use it.

The Python Tools for Visual Studio supports CPython and IronPython.

on 3/12/13, 3:04 AM

OpenERP does not supports CPython and IronPython.

test
on 3/12/13, 3:35 AM

Ok thanks. I'll give eclipse a go.

on 3/12/13, 4:38 AM

"OpenERP does not supports CPython and IronPython." Wrong! OpenERP maybe not support IronPython, but OpenERP is build in CPython. You can use PTVS to edit/debug openerp just like eclipse.

Ben Bernard
on 9/20/14, 3:07 PM
tlauber
On 3/12/13, 8:08 AM

I'm using Aptana Studio 3, which is Eclipse-based and Python-ready out of the box.

Ettienne Du Plessis
On 9/20/14, 2:52 PM

Hi tlauber

I am stuggling to debug open erp7 . I have followed all the installation guides i could find and when i try to debug i get . if you could help i will really appreciate it

pydev debugger: starting (pid: 2160)
Finding files... done.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\eclipse\plugins\org.python.pydev_3.7.1.201409021729\pysrc\pydev_runfiles.py", line 470, in __get_module_from_str
    mod = __import__(modname)
  File "C:/Development/Workspace/Odoov7/Odoo\openerp_server.py", line 2, in <module>
    import openerp
  File "C:/Development/Workspace/Odoov7/Odoo\openerp\__init__.py", line 40, in <module>
    import cli
ImportError: No module named 'cli'
ERROR: Module: openerp_server could not be imported (file: C:\Development\Workspace\Odoov7\Odoo\openerp_server.py).

I think it's better to post new question. Briefly, your problem maybe related to source path.

Ben Bernard
on 9/20/14, 3:11 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/12/13, 2:10 AM
Seen: 5665 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM