Odoo Help

Openerp Accounting Reports

By
mmycool
on 4/29/13, 3:51 PM 1,730 views

I installed openerp on my test server and created products. I then created purchase orders for the products,made the payments and posted the journals. Next was to create sale orders, receive cash and post the journals.

Going to the financial reports(legal), i find the cost of goods sold is the same as the purchases despite the fact that i didn't sell the entire stock...what could be the issue here? Where could i be wrong?

Ray Carnes
On 4/29/13, 4:22 PM

Your journal entries will tell you how much is being booked to each account at each stage in the sale to cash workflow.

Repeat your process and, after each step, look at the journal entries that are made.

This will help you understand where the problem is. Then, look at your configuration for the accounts in that step.

The accounting entries being updated are: Debit Debtors, Credit Product sales

mmycool
on 4/29/13, 5:08 PM

The accounting entries for debtors and product sales are not contributing to cost of goods sold or purchases. Keep looking. If you are seeing amounts on the financial reports they must be coming from somewhere.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 5/1/13, 2:50 AM

Any clue on where these figures could be coming from?

mmycool
on 5/2/13, 4:40 PM

Not without a lot more information. What account do you refer to when you post about "cost of goods sold" and have you checked the journal to see when the entries affecting this account were posted and what caused them to be posted?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 5/3/13, 6:17 PM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/29/13, 3:51 PM
Seen: 1730 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM