Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP 8 website custom URL

By
eLBati
on 4/3/14, 6:45 PM 1,664 views

Is it possible to configure the URLs of pages created by the website module?

Example:

if I create a page at

www.mydomain.com/page/website.custom-page

how can I make it respond to

www.mydomain.com/custom-page

?

(without using mod_rewrite)

Kevin Woolf
On 12/7/14, 7:13 AM

I would love to find a solution for this. I've commissioned a company to write an application for Odoo to do just this, but it seems they still recommend server side rewrites. Don't know why custom URLs were and afterthought with Odoo. I've tried editing the code, but things like translation and e-cmmerce will break. Odoo relies heavily on the URL to perform operations and I still don't understand why. If you figure something out please do share.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/3/14, 6:45 PM
Seen: 1664 times
Last updated: 7/16/15, 2:57 AM