Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP 8 no web server, how to install it ?

Christian Parent
on 3/21/14, 11:38 AM 4,141 views

I have installed OpenERP 8 thru nightlies and server will start but, I am getting an error message :

CRITICAL ? openerp.modules.module: Couldn't load module web CRITICAL ? openerp.modules.module: No module named pyPdf ERROR ? openerp.service.server: Failed to load server-wide module web. The web module is provided by the addons found in the openerp-web project.

I have tried installing with .deb and src but, same fail on both.

Do I need to have a apache installed for it to work ? How can I fix this ?

Arjan Rosman
On 3/21/14, 12:07 PM

You need to install python-pypdf

Download python-pypdf

Download python-pypdf_xxxx.deb for Ubuntu xxxx from the Ubuntu Universe repository.

Update the package index:

# sudo apt-get update

Install python-pypdf deb package:

# sudo apt-get install python-pypdf

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 3/21/14, 11:38 AM
Seen: 4141 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM