This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello everyone,

We're making some tests on OpeneERP 8 at this moment, and I don't find how to properly show the good website for a specific database on my server. To be more clear, I have my server, with 2 databases, and each database have the website_builder module installed. We're assuming the the first is names "data1" and the second "data2".

I launch a fresh browser, with no cache, then open the URL : localhost:8069/ : I get the database selection form. I don't select any database, cause I want to find an URL which could show the good web front, so I type, for testing purpose, localhost:8069/?db=data1 : the login form is shown, with the good database selected. That's better, but still not what I want.

To try, I re-open localhost:8069/ : ok, this time, the good website is shown !

Then, to show the good frontend, I have to go to le login page, change the database, then reopen the home to have the good website shown.

Is there a way to show the good website without having to pass through the database selction/login page ?

At the end, we wil have a reverse proxy to manage to show the good website using the domain name, but the issue is still the same : I don't know hos to show the good website, using only the URL.

Thank you !

Discard
Best Answer

You can force the loading of a specific database by passing --db-filter=dbname when starting the server

Discard
Author

Yes, but the initial idea was to avoid to launch an openerp instance for every database which have a website. But we didn't find any solution, so we went this way.

Thank you for your post !

Best Answer

you can use the db filter with a regular expression

have a look a this https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/website-module-and-multi-db-43191

Discard