Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP 8 does not allow to install Apps?

on 5/4/14, 8:09 AM 2,007 views

I downloaded the latest oneinall installer from nightly build for OpenERP 8 and ran the installation. Everything worked fine.I created a new database with demo data but it does not seem that anything is installed. I only see Sales and Settings as the main menus and if I try to install other apps it does not allow to select the apps menu. It immediately shifts to "installed" apps menu. Can anyone help in this ? What am I doing wrong ?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Hi Kronhoj,

In OpenERP8, the online apps are not available yet, hence it just shifts immediately to the installed menu, for installing other apps, just remove/close the Installed filter from the search box of settings/installed menu, and filter/search by Not Installed. This will list all the not-installed apps and then you can choose from those to install. Please try this and let me know.

on 5/5/14, 10:57 AM

Hello ASP. I tried this but it only shows 6 modules: Google Analytics, Openerp Web API, Hello, Sparkline Widget for Kanban, Linkedin integration and Demonstration of web/javascript tests. I was expecting to find the "normal" modules like MRP, Purchase, Stock etc. It seems that the installation only installed Web_XX under Addon Library. Am I doing something wrong or do I just expect to much at this time for V8 ?

on 5/6/14, 3:29 AM
On 8/13/14, 12:34 PM

I have the same pb

any one can help me

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/4/14, 8:09 AM
Seen: 2007 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM