Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP 7 Streaming Replication

By
Shide
on 10/20/16, 5:33 AM 138 views

Hello,

I have a huge loads of data into my database because I have a lot of writes onto my DB. I use SQS to be able to send the data to my DB, because there are around 5000 sale.orders on 8 hours with res.partner creations, etc sent by SQS. This means around 85000 creations/updates per 8 hours. Also the UI of OpenERP is active and users send a lot of Financial Reports.

I want to increase the performance of the User Interface because there are a lot of waitings only to server a couple of records. Today, It's a wating Hell.

I think implement Streaming Replication - Hot Standby, will solve my problem because if I separate Read / Write queries sending to 2 servers, Writes on DB will be fast and Reads too.

I want to implement an Streaming Replication on my OpenERP7 because I have a lot of writes (from SQS) on my DB and I want to split Read/Writes into different servers to improve User Interface performance.

For this purpose, I've thinking about:

2 Servers with Streaming Replication - Hot Standby.

• Server 1: Only Writes.

• Server 2: Only Reads.

So, while the SQS loads the write server, the read server can resolve queries fast and make the UI of OpenERP fast. Also, this should improve a lot Financial Reports performance.

I think this is the correct choice, but I don't find any information about the configuration in OpenERP, or if the queries are split (read/write queries) on the ERP or PostgreSQL.

Currently, I'm using: OpenERP 7, PostgreSQL 9.3, EC2 instance for OpenERP, RDS instance for PostgreSQL, SQS to send info to the BD.

Well, the questions are:

¿Am I making a good choice making replication to fix my problem?

¿Am I making a good choice with this kind of replication to separate read / write queries?

¿Are any guides to configure this Streaming Replication on OpenERP?

¿Queries are redirect on the PostgreSQL server or at ORM level?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/20/16, 5:33 AM
Seen: 138 times
Last updated: 10/20/16, 5:35 AM