Odoo Help

OpenERP 7 Streaming Replication

By
Shide
on 10/20/16, 5:33 AM 330 views

Hello,

I have a huge loads of data into my database because I have a lot of writes onto my DB. I use SQS to be able to send the data to my DB, because there are around 5000 sale.orders on 8 hours with res.partner creations, etc sent by SQS. This means around 85000 creations/updates per 8 hours. Also the UI of OpenERP is active and users send a lot of Financial Reports.

I want to increase the performance of the User Interface because there are a lot of waitings only to server a couple of records. Today, It's a wating Hell.

I think implement Streaming Replication - Hot Standby, will solve my problem because if I separate Read / Write queries sending to 2 servers, Writes on DB will be fast and Reads too.

I want to implement an Streaming Replication on my OpenERP7 because I have a lot of writes (from SQS) on my DB and I want to split Read/Writes into different servers to improve User Interface performance.

For this purpose, I've thinking about:

2 Servers with Streaming Replication - Hot Standby.

• Server 1: Only Writes.

• Server 2: Only Reads.

So, while the SQS loads the write server, the read server can resolve queries fast and make the UI of OpenERP fast. Also, this should improve a lot Financial Reports performance.

I think this is the correct choice, but I don't find any information about the configuration in OpenERP, or if the queries are split (read/write queries) on the ERP or PostgreSQL.

Currently, I'm using: OpenERP 7, PostgreSQL 9.3, EC2 instance for OpenERP, RDS instance for PostgreSQL, SQS to send info to the BD.

Well, the questions are:

¿Am I making a good choice making replication to fix my problem?

¿Am I making a good choice with this kind of replication to separate read / write queries?

¿Are any guides to configure this Streaming Replication on OpenERP?

¿Queries are redirect on the PostgreSQL server or at ORM level?

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/20/16, 5:33 AM
Seen: 330 times
Last updated: 10/20/16, 5:35 AM