Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP 7: SMTP fails

By
Sebastien Bossu
on 11/14/13, 12:34 PM 5,175 views

I cannot get OpenERP to send mails. In the log I get the following:

2013-11-14 16:13:46,727 7797 ERROR OPENERP7 openerp.addons.base.ir.ir_mail_server: Mail delivery failed via SMTP server 'localhost'. SMTPSenderRefused: 501 5.1.7 Bad sender address syntax username@mailserverIP Traceback (most recent call last): File "/var/packages/OpenERP7.x/target/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_mail_server.py", line 460, in send_email smtp.sendmail(smtp_from, smtp_to_list, message.as_string()) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 722, in sendmail raise SMTPSenderRefused(code, resp, from_addr)

It seems that OpenERP is using the user's alias username@mailserverIP instead of the correct username configured in Settings > Email > Outgoing Mail Servers

Any ideas how to fix this?

Did you configure outgoing mail server?

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
on 11/15/13, 12:52 AM

yes and the Test Connection was successful

Sebastien Bossu
on 11/15/13, 11:03 AM

Jeudy Nicolas

--Jeudy Nicolas--
| 6 7 8
PELOUSEY, France
--Jeudy Nicolas--

- Linux administrator - Functional guy with OpenERP - Python, html, css, javascript developer OpenERP Ready Partner

Jeudy Nicolas
On 11/15/13, 4:25 PM

hello,

You have this message because when you send a message from openERP, your sender email is the alias of your user. Your current SMTP server say that you can not send email though it with this email adresse ..

You have to enable / authorize your SMTP server (in the config of your smtp server) to relay / send email that have username@mailserverIP as email adresse, or change your setting for domain alias in settings -> general settings

image description

Thank you this fixed the problem. What is then the purpose of the "Outgoing mail server" option in Settings > Email > Templates / Advanced tab? This parameter seems to be ignored.

Sebastien Bossu
on 11/15/13, 4:36 PM

I configured out going mail serveur, and email went out and destined persons received emails. But with 1 problem : they received email as from my_odoo_user@localhost Then it was difficult for them to answer. After having add the correct domaine, it works. Thank you!

Christian SONDI
on 10/11/14, 11:18 AM
Yanis Chiniah
On 2/26/14, 8:02 AM

I have issues with the email system in open erp 7 as well.

Installation: It is currently installed on premises.

The email is configured and works fine for new user creation (They all receive the email activation link)

On the other hand when you compose an email or activate a subtype the email never reaches the target destination.

I receive no error message whatsoever.

Can anyone help??? plz

can you open a new question and add link to the new one in your comment ? I think it is a new probleme and it is better to open new request / question. thanks!

Tuxservices, Jeudy Nicolas
on 2/27/14, 12:49 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/14/13, 12:34 PM
Seen: 5175 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM