Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I have a ubuntu 12.04 precise server where I installed openerp package using apt-get install. No installation problems reported.
My domain is hosted on the server, and I want to use openerp on subdomain, say, erp.example.com.
I created one more virtualhost on the beginning of the apache config file as below (obviously replacing example by my domain):
Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes
Require all granted
Allow from All
So, here are my scenarios:
1. When I access the IP:8069 I get the default index file from /var/www. I am not sure why this is happening, I expect to recieve openerp default login page.
If it would have worked, I would used :8069 instead of :80.
2. When I use the directory location elsewhere with ownership of www-data:www-data on it, it opens successfully. This clears that the subdomain is working.
3. When I check the subdomain, I get "Forbidden" error which is okay, as there is no matching directoryindex, as listed in the error log:
[Thu Jun 12 07:04:11.890152 2014] [autoindex:error] [pid 20586] [client 188.8.131.52:50274] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html,index.cgi,index.pl,index.php,index.xhtml,index.htm) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive
4. After searching for a few hour, I found that python requires "ExecCGI" option set, with "AddHandler cgi-script .py", so I set the VirtualHost as below, to execute __init__.py:
Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes ExecCGI
AddHandler cgi-script .py
Require all granted
Allow from All
Now when I access the same subdomain, I recieve "500 Internal Server Error".
The error log is:
[Thu Jun 12 07:15:23.763765 2014] [cgi:error] [pid 20814] [client 184.108.40.206:10411] AH01215: (13)Permission denied: exec of '/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/__init__.py' failed
[Thu Jun 12 07:15:23.765572 2014] [cgi:error] [pid 20814] [client 220.127.116.11:10411] End of script output before headers: __init__.py
With these tasks done, I have a few questions:
1. A similar installation on my local virtual machine is working fine with IP:8069. Did you find anything missing with the installation on this server? Why IP:8069 not working?
2. Is the directory I used with VirtualHost Direcotry correct for OpenERP web?
3. What is the index file that needs to be read/load for OpenERP? (__init__.py is used because of its name)
Thanks in advance,
I checked your referenced website, and Google is there to translate it, so no problem with the language.
I must appreciate your work, but I tried mod_wsgi method as proposed by OpenSourceHolic here [http://opensourceholic.com/2014/05/30/how-to-deploy-odoo-openerp-8-with-mod_wsgi-on-ubuntu-linux-servers/] by tweaking some parameters, and I got working environment in my test box. Now, I will try it in production environment and let you know.
Thanks for your efforts, though.
you should no access to OpenERP directly via http 80 port, instead you should create a proxy entry.
Sorry, it is in italian but you should copy "Uso Proxy" section as is, replacing erp.server-openerp.it with you real domain.
Please, use proxy carefully. If you open proxy to the world, you could receive a lot of spam traffic, so look at my code carefully.
Hope thie help
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 6/12/14, 1:31 AM|
|Seen: 2121 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|