Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP-7 KeyError: 'id' when returning dictionary values

By
arsalan
on 5/16/14, 10:51 AM 1,586 views

I have been working on openerp module development .Today I faced some difficulties while returning dictionary values to a many2one field. I did this thing successfully before but this time I am having some keyerror when try to load openerp server.I checked that my query is working fine and is bringing the exact ids and names but on returning I am getting issue. I am using query to fetch the ids and trying to return them.Here is my code:

def myfunc_name(self,cr,uid,ids,context=None):

domain = [ ]

cr.execute ( ' select id , name from product_category where parent_id is NULL ' )

res = cr.fetchall ( )

for pid,name in res:

domain.append ( ( pid ) )

return { ' value ' : { ' categ_temps ' : [ ( ' id ' , ' in ' , domain ) ] } }

Please point me my mistake or guide me so that I can get my work done soon. Regards n Thanks

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 5/18/14, 2:22 AM

Your return dictionary is wrong.

If you want to return domain you should return like this: `{ 'domain' : { 'categ_temps' : [ ( 'id' , 'in' , domain ) ] } }

If you want to return value you should return like this: `{ 'value' : { 'categ_temps' : [ ( 'id' , 'in' , domain ) ] } }

You may get more information regarding onchange event: https://doc.openerp.com/6.0/developer/2_6_views_events/events/events/#on-change

You should also know that there is an issue with readonly fields used by the onchange-method. See this bug report:https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-client/+bug/378824

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/16/14, 10:51 AM
Seen: 1586 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM