Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP 7 is very slow, What can I do to speed up the software?

on 4/27/13, 1:27 PM 8,427 views

I installed openERP in Win7 but it works very slow. What can I do to speed up the software?

Software performance depends on many things, most of the time not related to the sooftware itself. Coud you post additional information? Such has CPU, RAM and disk information? Also how much memory is available would be useful

on 4/27/13, 3:09 PM

CPU: Intel Core i5 2.27 GHZ, RAM: 4 GB (Available: 3.68 GB), DISK: 298 GB

on 4/27/13, 4:42 PM

Running a VM under Windows 7 is, in my experience, faster. VM's can be started via command-line scripts and be assigned static IP addresses. If this isn't an option, I would look at optimizing PostgreSQL, Python and Cherry Py (the OpenERP web server).

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 4/28/13, 8:20 PM

Compared to OERP v6.1 on the same hardware, the v7 is most definately slower. I often get errors because I click on a menu while the screen hasn't fully loaded yet. Or when typing in the searchbox, part of the text isn't captured correctly when typing. You have to type superslow for the searchbox to work.

on 6/3/13, 12:24 PM

| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
On 6/4/13, 5:20 PM

As some others already pointed out, openERP is not too quick on Windows. When you run openERP 7 on Ubuntu, it is much more responsive, even when the Ubuntu-machine is a VM.

And it is not too difficult to install openERP on Ubuntu, there are various tutorials here and elsewhere on the internet.

What about responsiveness from a web client perspective - is it faster to have the web client running Ubuntu or other Linux flavor as opposed to a Windows based web client?

Steven Reader
on 7/5/13, 8:04 AM
On 1/12/14, 6:23 PM

If you're testing OpenERP on your own machine like me, try accessing it through "" instead of "localhost:8069". This is much more responsive this way, don't got any real explanation for that (localhost name resolution should not be an issue)

Wei Li
On 6/22/14, 3:08 PM

This problem caused by Werkzeug's IPv6 support:

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

5 follower(s)

Asked: 4/27/13, 1:27 PM
Seen: 8427 times
Last updated: 6/12/15, 1:41 AM