Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Openerp 7 how to updates latest source code

By
Prakash
on 5/20/13, 7:24 AM 1,905 views

In the Openerp 7 Below download link http://nightly.openerp.com/7.0/nightly/exe/

Each and Every day Setup file will be updates when it will be finalize? and how to maintain latest source code based on updates?

Supposed installed openerp 7 Setup file 01-Apr-2013[openerp-allinone-setup-7.0-20130401-231713.exe] Now i want to update the source code 20-Mar-2013 [openerp-allinone-setup-7.0-20130519-231019.exe] what are the steps need to follows?

How to find out APR-2013 to May-2013 which modules or files code are updated? Are simply uninstall APR-2013 setup and install setup May-2013 it also create problem after 10 days new setup file will be updates.

so how to maintain latest source code? And also how to find difference between source code based on files and modules.

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 5/20/13, 7:43 AM

I have no experience with openERP on Windows, but when I chech the given directory, there is a file calla openerp-allinone-setup-7.0-latest.exe. This file is always the latest, so you can download this file every day/week/ time you want or need to do an upgrade. I assume that running that file you will not loose your database or any of your custom modules you placed in the /addons directory (maybe you can/have to create a special /addons directory for your own modules).

You (or someone else) should be able to make a script to download the latest version, and upgrade the current installed version of OE.

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 5/20/13, 7:51 AM

Hello,

If you using source code. use a bzr pull to updates latest source code.

Thanks,

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/20/13, 7:24 AM
Seen: 1905 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM