This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I don't know how I managed it, but I have 2 sets of "Company News" and "Company Jobs". I would like to delete some of these groups. In fact I don't really use any of them; but I am unable to find where I can modify/delete these groups.

I tried uninstalling this module on a backup-database, but this resulted in some horrendous changes in the UI. If I could delete or filter out these "groups", that would probably be the better solution.

image description

Discard
Best Answer

I had the same problem. Solved by deleting the menu entries.

Login as Administrator and make sure you have the "Technical Features" activated.

Go to:

Seetings -> Technical -> Menu Items

Use the seach box to find the duplicated entries. By instance, search for "Company News". You'll find duplicated entries. Select one of them and choose:

More -> Delete.

Alex

Discard
Author Best Answer

Not possible to fix using the UI, a new install fixed the problem.

Discard
Best Answer

At the bottom of the menu there is a menu entry that says "Join a Group". If you click on it you will get a kanban view of all the groups. Change to tree view, select the extra groups, then click on the drop-down list that says "More" and select "Delete"

Discard
Author

I only have one group listed in the tree-view. Even though more groups are displayed in the left side-bar. Does anybody know where this data is stored? Perhaps in the database? Then I can delete the groups through pgadmin.

Author

I tried Mike's solution on a new database, and it seems ineffective. While deleting the groups removes them from the tree-view; the corresponding menu-items in the sidebar do not vanish.

Same problem in unable to remove the items from the sidebar - and every time you re-enable the portals you gain another set of entries in the sidebar

Author

I can confirm the above behaviour, I found it best to start from a new database for production; and do my development on a different database. Also make many many backups while installing modules, so you can always revert in case something goes wrong.