Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP 7: How can I show Product "Storage Location" (loc_rack, lock_row, loc_case) fields in Stock Move form?

By
Santi
on 10/6/14, 9:59 AM 1,110 views

I would like to make inventory management process easier for the people responsible for it, right now I think there are too many steps necessary for very basic tasks, for example checking or updating the location of a product in the physical warehouse, there are way too many clicks involved from the picking and stock move modules.

How can I show Product "Storage Location" (loc_rack, lock_row, loc_case) fields in the Stock Move form? And if posible I would like to make those fields editable...so if I modify them in the stock.move model, they will update the information in the product.product model and viceversa

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 10/6/14, 11:20 AM

Santi, you will need to specify 3 function fields to get the values of loc_rack, lock_row, loc_case from the stock.move's product_id field.  These function fields will need to have func_inv to store the edited values back to the corresponding product.product's record.  Sample of similar code can be found in stock/stock.py file in the definition of 'min_date' field of stock.picking which is calculated from the stock.picking's moves' date_expected (method get_min_max_date) and, when updated, will update the stock.move's date_expected when necessary (method _set_minimum_date)

Pedro M. Baeza
On 1/4/15, 3:49 PM

You only need related fields with readonly=False, not function fields, and you will have both things (read and write access).

Regards.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/6/14, 9:59 AM
Seen: 1110 times
Last updated: 4/4/15, 9:05 AM