Odoo Help

OpenERP 7: How can I show Product "Storage Location" (loc_rack, lock_row, loc_case) fields in Stock Move form?

By
Santi
on 10/6/14, 9:59 AM 1,224 views

I would like to make inventory management process easier for the people responsible for it, right now I think there are too many steps necessary for very basic tasks, for example checking or updating the location of a product in the physical warehouse, there are way too many clicks involved from the picking and stock move modules.

How can I show Product "Storage Location" (loc_rack, lock_row, loc_case) fields in the Stock Move form? And if posible I would like to make those fields editable...so if I modify them in the stock.move model, they will update the information in the product.product model and viceversa

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 10/6/14, 11:20 AM

Santi, you will need to specify 3 function fields to get the values of loc_rack, lock_row, loc_case from the stock.move's product_id field.  These function fields will need to have func_inv to store the edited values back to the corresponding product.product's record.  Sample of similar code can be found in stock/stock.py file in the definition of 'min_date' field of stock.picking which is calculated from the stock.picking's moves' date_expected (method get_min_max_date) and, when updated, will update the stock.move's date_expected when necessary (method _set_minimum_date)

Pedro M. Baeza
On 1/4/15, 3:49 PM

You only need related fields with readonly=False, not function fields, and you will have both things (read and write access).

Regards.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/6/14, 9:59 AM
Seen: 1224 times
Last updated: 4/4/15, 9:05 AM