Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP 7: cannot generate expense accounting entries

Sebastien Bossu
on 11/18/13, 2:50 PM 1,388 views

I get error: "Please configure Default Expense account for Product purchase: property_account_expense_categ. "

But in Settings > Parameters > Configuration Parameters I do have an entry property_account_expense_categ:

Name property_account_expense_categ Field Expense Account Type Many2One Resource (blank) 647000 Miscellaneous Expense

Any ideas?

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 11/18/13, 6:31 PM

You have to set that property right on your product or category. Go to that product and go to Accounting tab. Then you have to set expense account

You can do it too on the category, you have to go to category and set expense account.

OK so I created generic products "Misc Consumable" and "Misc Service" with correct expense account configuration but now I get error:"Integrity Error

The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following: - deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it - creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set

[object with reference: account_id - account.id] "

Sebastien Bossu
on 11/26/13, 1:55 PM

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 11/18/13, 3:49 PM

You have to set the accounts in the partner you are purchasing from and the product you are purchasing.

Check the accounting tab for both of those and make sure they are set properly.

sorry which accounting tab are you talking about? this is an employee expense in Human Resources > Expenses

Sebastien Bossu
on 11/18/13, 4:08 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 11/18/13, 2:50 PM
Seen: 1388 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM