Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Openerp 7 calendar: end date for meeting calendar

By
Rebel
on 3/28/13, 11:55 AM 2,200 views

I have noticed I only have a "from" date on my calendar view, but no "end" date. I can choose the duration of a meeting, for instance 4 hours - but for "meetings" (we also use this calendar for other events) which take place over a period of multiple days I can not use this method. How can I configure the calendar and add an end date?

Update: So upon further inspection, it seems the event calendar does support "from" and "to" dates. However we would prefer to use the meeting calendar. Is it possible to add an "end" date to this calendar; or is this unsupported for the meeting calendar?

Francesco OpenCode

--Francesco OpenCode--
| 5 7 9
Grottaglie, Italy
--Francesco OpenCode--

Italian Odoo (OpenERP) Modules Developer LINKEDIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/francescoapruzzese

Francesco OpenCode
On 3/28/13, 3:24 PM

If you want, you can create a module that extend this feature. You can insert a date_end field that calculate the duration and save it in the db.

Thanks for your suggestion, worked like a charm. Keep up the good work, Francesco. Hasta la proxima!

For others reading this later: don't forget you need to edit the calendar view. You can do this by activating the developper's mode, going into calendar view and choosing "edit CalendarView". Add date_stop="date_end" to the calendar string.

Rebel
on 5/13/13, 11:54 AM

Oddo 8.0 documentation sets "date_end" as the right tag to set event end but instead the right one is still "date_stop". Example:

David
on 11/26/14, 12:40 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/28/13, 11:55 AM
Seen: 2200 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM