Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP 7.0 client errors in chrome (OK with IE8)

By
Vincent Kopa
on 8/11/13, 3:10 PM 2,530 views

Hi all,

I get this whenever I type any key (even shift or control key), on any OpenERP page with Chrome (latest version). No problem at all with IE8...

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'icons' of undefined :133

This wasn't happening a few days ago. Nothing was changed on the server to my knowledge... I've update from openerp-7.0-20130724-231027 to todays (2013-08-11) version, but it didn't change a thing. Works nicely with IE8 though, it's just that I hate this browser ;-)

I've also cleared Chrome's cache.

Thanks for your help !

For info, in Firefox (latest version too), I get other client errors:

NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_OP_ON_WN_PROTO: Illegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object resource://universal.downloader.modules/seopack/contentscript.js:2832

Not sure whether it would help, but did you upgrade the database?https://doc.openerp.com/book/8/8_21_Implem/8_21_Implem_support/#version-migration This usually means starting the openerp-server with -d [database_name] -u all

Christopher Chapman
on 8/11/13, 6:53 PM

Since two days I have the same issue with Chrome. Even on this site when I want to login, for each paswoord character I've typed I got this error.

I have it on server with no changes since 2 months as on servers which are up to date. The 'older' ones also haven't got a database update since 2 months.

I didn't noticed a chrome update, but I'm not sure of it.

Geert Surkijn
on 8/13/13, 5:16 AM

yesterday there was an update of Google Chrome to version Version 28.0.1500.95 m Here at the office all clients are updated, only a few have this problem. My Guess is that it is browser related

Geert Surkijn
on 8/13/13, 5:27 AM

Hi Christopher, I've run the database upgrades manually, and now fully with your command line. However, it seems like the "client error" was linked to Chrome plugins. (I only added a button for "Edit this Cookie", didn't touch any other plugins on my side)...

Vincent Kopa
on 8/13/13, 2:50 PM

Thanks Geert for your feedback and help on this !

Vincent Kopa
on 8/13/13, 2:50 PM
Geert Surkijn
On 8/13/13, 7:54 AM

Currently I do not have the problem when i disable my Webpage Screenshot 9.9.8 extension in Google Chrome. For now I can say that this is my solution.

As suggested, disabled Webpage Screenshot 9.9.8 solve the issue for now.

agb80
on 8/13/13, 2:38 PM

Hey Geert, thanks for your help. It seems indeed client side related to chrome plugins... I didn't have that problem on Mac OSX (but probably due to different plugins)...

Vincent Kopa
on 8/13/13, 2:41 PM
Geert Surkijn
On 8/13/13, 5:15 AM

Since two days I have the same issue with Chrome. Even on this site when I want to login, for each paswoord character I've typed I got this error.

I have it on server with no changes since 2 months as on servers which are up to date. The 'older' ones also haven't got a database update since 2 months.

I didn't noticed a chrome update, but I'm not sure of it.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/11/13, 3:10 PM
Seen: 2530 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM