Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenEduCat-Change Menuitem name.

By
Mostafa Mohamed Abdelmonam Abdo
on 12/13/14, 5:11 PM 1,665 views

I Run Odoo 8 From Eclipse - Windows Platform

I have downloaded Openeducat for Odoo 8 and i added it to Openerp/addons folder then i install the module.

i tried to change "Faculty" menu item to "Professor" and change "OpenEduCat" menu item to "University" in

" Openerp/addons/openeducat_erp/menu/faculty_menu.xml "
and
" Openerp/addons/openeducat_erp/menu/openeducat_erp_menu.xml "

From
<menuitem id="menu_op_faculty_root" name="Faculty"
            action="act_open_op_faculty_view" web_icon="images/openeducat.png"
            web_icon_hover="images/openeducat-hover.png" sequence="10"
            groups="group_op_faculty,group_op_back_office_admin,group_op_back_office" />
To

<menuitem id="menu_op_faculty_root" name="Professor"
            action="act_open_op_faculty_view" web_icon="images/openeducat.png"
            web_icon_hover="images/openeducat-hover.png" sequence="10"
            groups="group_op_faculty,group_op_back_office_admin,group_op_back_office" />

And

From
        <menuitem id="menu_op_school_root" name="OpenEduCat"
            web_icon="images/openeducat.png" web_icon_hover="images/openeducat-hover.png"
            parent="" sequence="20" groups="group_op_back_office,group_op_back_office_admin" />
To
        <menuitem id="menu_op_school_root" name="University"
            web_icon="images/openeducat.png" web_icon_hover="images/openeducat-hover.png"
            parent="" sequence="20" groups="group_op_back_office,group_op_back_office_admin" />

but no luck :( 

Image : http://im58.gulfup.com/9FKYNS.jpg

could anyone help me plz ?

Edit : Problem Solved .. reinstall :D

Hi, John Did you checked other folder in openeducat?

Baiju
on 12/14/14, 1:29 AM

FYI, When you update XML files, you need to make an update of your module to reload the changes... -d= -u= Or via Setting / Modules -> -> click "update" Else, you can update it in "Settings / User interface / menu items " once your user is "Technical User"

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 12/14/14, 5:43 PM

thanks

Mostafa Mohamed Abdelmonam Abdo
on 2/4/15, 12:42 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/13/14, 5:11 PM
Seen: 1665 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM