Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Open form in view mode?

By
Eric
on 5/6/14, 7:43 PM 2,325 views

Hello, I have a form that opens in edit mode when a menu item is clicked from a sub menu, but what I would like to do is open the form in view mode. I have an xml action defined like so:

<record id="action_view_product_version" model="ir.actions.act_window">
        <field name="name">Product Version</field>
        <field name="res_model">product.version</field>
        <field name="view_type">form</field>
        <field name="view_mode">form,tree</field>
        <field name="target">current</field>
</record>

i saw this post here which says that setting the target to current will open the form in view mode, but when I did this it isnt working: https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/3447

does anyone know how to open the form in view mode? I noticed that when the form view button is clicked on the upper right corner, then it opens the form in the view mode. Thank you

you can define a button as this code <button string="Product Version" type="action" name="%(action_view_product_version)d" icon="gtk-go-forward"/> on your form.

OpenERP Vietnam
on 5/7/14, 2:52 AM
Joerg Petke
On 3/16/16, 11:25 AM

Found this way in calendar module and it works fine :-)

Add following key into the action dict:

'flags': {'form': {'action_buttons': True, 'options': {'mode': 'edit'}}},
Stone
On 5/6/14, 11:17 PM

try something like that

<record model="ir.actions.act_window" id="action_view_product_version">
    <field name="name">Product Version</field>
    <field name="type">ir.actions.act_window</field>
    <field name="res_model">product.version</field>
    <field name="view_type">form</field>
    <field name="view_id" ref="[your_product_version_form_view]"/>
</record>

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/6/14, 7:43 PM
Seen: 2325 times
Last updated: 3/16/16, 11:25 AM