Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Open ERP v7 - How do I execute a wizard via XML RPC

By
technique
on 10/28/13, 11:19 AM 2,844 views

Hello, We have an openerp v7 server and an asterisk server, what i'm supposed to do the following: when the asterisk server receive an incoming call or make an outgoing call, if the phone number in enregistred in the openerp database the corresponding sheet is viewed in openerp server. I have done some search and i think i will use XML RPC to implement this tâche, but i don't know exactly how XML RPC work. For now i developed a php application that detects calls on the Asterisk server, but i don't know how to proced to make it communicate with openerp throw XML RPC. Can anyone help me please thanx

To clarify - You say you want the corresponding sheet to be viewed in openerp. Are you trying to pull the data back to your asterisk server? OR are you trying to force a www browser window to refresh and show the proper customer on the user's computer screen?

Michael Watchorn
on 11/12/13, 5:38 PM
Alexis de Lattre
On 8/31/14, 5:25 PM

What you are trying to do is already supported in the OpenERP-Asterisk connector : Please have a look at this branch :

https://github.com/OCA/connector-telephony

You will need the module base_phone_popup on the openerp server. You will also need 2 scripts on Asterisk : asterisk_click2dial/scripts/openerp_popup_timeout.sh which calls asterisk_click2dial/scripts/set_name_agi.py

The first script needs to be called as an AGI in the Asterisk dialplan.

The module base_phone_popup is quite difficult to install on v7, but it's really easy to install on v8. So I would advise you to try it with v8.

Can you help me to install and configure base_phone_popup? https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-configure-connector-telephony-popup-v7-0-openerp-asterisk-70516 Thanks

Versão Integral, Anabela Damas
on 12/15/14, 9:45 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/28/13, 11:19 AM
Seen: 2844 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM