This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

I hope anyone can help me, as I ran out of possibilities here.

My old sever died a couple of weeks so I had to move open erp 7 to a new hardware. The locations /etc/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons was saved as long with the openerp-server.conf and the postgres database folder. I friend of mine helped me with the process. We installed everything and restored all the important pieces. However the main database started to give problems with some modules not being able to install, update, or uninstall, so I decided to star fresh with a new one.

The problem is that I cannot longer pull the modules I need, even specifying the location which is /etc/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons as it worked in the old server with no problem, so that's directly related with the modules not being able to install/uninstall in the other database.

The odd part is that in the old database it shows the right amount of modules, but the new one just shows 169, after changing locations, permissions to the module folders.

I ran out of ideas, and clues. I don't know why is not reading the addons path as it did it before. Not sure if it is a db problem or what... Please help, if I need to reinstall everything fresh then I'll do it, but there are no instructions on how to clean openerp 7.

Regards

Discard
Author Best Answer

Ok, I figured out, as I kept insisting on the permissions. Fortunately I checked the old hdd and found out the user and group for openerp-server.conf were openerp | postgres, so... sudo chown openerp:postgres /etc/openerp/openerp-server.conf and problem was finally solved.

I hope this helps anyone facing a similar issue.

Kind regards

Discard